Monday, November 05, 2007

My Mom's Treasure

This is an ashtray from my grandparents' restaurant. Cousin Shelley's cousin gave it to her after his mom died, and Shelley gave it to my mother at the family reunion this summer. This dates back even before my time; I don't know exactly when, but I know as a child in the 60s they used plain glass ashtrays without advertising. So when Shelley gave this to my mom, it became a Genuine Family Heirloom. Since I don't get it until mom passes on (if my brother doesn't accidentally break it by then!), she was kind enough to let me photograph it. So this photo is my heirloom, and I hope very much that I don't get the real thing for a LONG time! I love my mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ... I was looking for the so call ... play thingy.

Anywhoooo ... I'm sorry I dont come here more often however .. I use opendiary.

Hugs
Autumn