Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Groundhog Day and Other I Told You Sos

Well, the famous Puxatawny Phil didn’t see his shadow, so according to folklore we will have an early spring. Guess what folks, it is so early that it was last year! Remember all that fabulous weather last December and this January? That was our early spring!!!


And remember how, while I was reveling in the nice warm weather, I kept saying that real winter would eventually hit and it would hit hard. Look outside your windows; I was right. Boy, when I am right, I am right with a vengeance! Would have been nice to have been wrong just this once. I really am not a fan of the white Goddess Dandruff. Give me sunny beaches any day! (Actually, I prefer the woods to the beach, but you get my drift…) Might not be so bad, if I had been able to get a wood burner for the house, this year. Our furnace is older than I am, and with a messed-up thing that makes it run: it blows hot air for so long, then blows COLD air for even longer. The temperature on the thermostat and on the thermometer are vaguely close to each other… have to set it at 60 to get it to go to 70. Or something like that, either way it is mucked up…

Am giving serious consideration to packing a suitcase (wish that Eddy the Computer was a notebook!) and hitch-hiking to Florida. Hey, Darrell, do you ever head south when you’re driving that pretty purple rig all over the country? If so, you need a co-pilot! You know where I live, haul your *** over here! We even have a real coffeepot now, so you don’t have to settle for instant coffee before we leave. (Ooh, I hear air brakes in the distance!) Be careful out there, the roads are slicker than a New York politician…

I am so proud of my mommy. She actually got to read her own email and send messages this weekend! With just a little help!

Here is my future fur coat.... Just kidding!

And see, I really *DO* wash my dishes!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for us to skip this stuff we call winter and go straight to Summer (: