Friday, September 08, 2006

Another Day Bites the Dust

SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION! I guess I am happy about it; it is weird that I now hate high school more than I did when I was actually in high school. At least we had choir, to keep us sane (more or less). And we could go into the school library during lunch hour. Nowadays the HS has no choir and the library -- excuse ME, the MEDIA CENTER -- is offlimits during lunch.

Al is a senior, gods how time flies. Seems like just yesterday she was starting pre-school. Her pre-school teacher was my college psychology teacher. Then her kindergarten teacher was my kindergarten teacher. Through her school years she has had only a couple of teachers that had no relation to my school years... spooky. Her fifth grade teacher, Mr. Smeltzer, ended up being Ruthi's fifth grade teacher, and I was looking forward to Liam having him next year for fifth grade. Unfortunately, Mr. Smeltzer passed away last weekend. He had the same birthday as Ruthi and died on Liam's birthday. Bizarre, you say. Freaking scary, I say... Not to mention very depressing.

Ruthi is a sophomore this year, and Liam is in fourth grade (obviously). While there are days that I wish I were back in school with them, eventually I wake up screaming and come to my senses.

Got an email from my nephew-in-law, George's late sister's husband passed away this weekend the day after Liam's birthday. He didn't even make six months after she passed; I can't say I am surprised, because they were so close to each other. At least the kids are all grown, and the grandkids fairly grown, so everyone is old enough to have good memories to keep.

Am trying to keep my depression at bay; with no income, no vehicle, no energy, no washing machine (five people's laundry being washed by hand.... it SUCKS). It is a challenge, and all my friends are so far away... and I can't even keep in touch through e-mail unless I can get my sorry asterisk to the library. So when I am too down to move, I go totally hermit. Which brings me down even more. Usually, anyway; there will always be days that I just really need the peace and quiet that I don't often get with four kids at home (three I gave birth to and the one I married)...

Have made a bit of a dent in the massive hellhole that is housecleaning. Even started on the basement, which is a REALLY scary place! I hope to get all my yarn together in one spot, all my fabric and notions in one spot, all my books given away or sold, and all my why-do-I-keep-this-junk either to the thrift shop or the trash can, depending on its condition.

Real coffee. He says real coffee. Dang nab it, instant coffee is real coffee!!! It certainly isn't fake coffee. Maybe I should get a coffee cup and fill it with brown cotton, and show little old Darrell what FAKE coffee really is! Men. If they didn't make such handy speedbumps.....

OK, now that I have drifted totally off-topic, I guess I should end this off and do some surfing.

1 comment:

Diana Troldahl said...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}
I feel for you. I'm in process of getting rid of stuff too. Space is GOOD!
(knitting takes up very little space, compared to quilting stuff)
I've given up on quilting until we move to a larger house. THe fabric willb e fine inteh storage bins until then, and I have room for my Ebay sales.