Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ravelry is Da Bomb!

WHOO HOO!

I made this sweater for my then SIL back in the early 80s. Of course now I have no idea where the pattern is, and I want to make another for someone (not a SIL). Well, thanks to Cindersall on Ravelry, I will now be able to make it again!

She was the only person to find the correct pattern (everyone else pointed me to Mary Maxim), and it is truly amazing because she is currently in EGYPT of all places, and this pattern is in the only old copy of McCalls that she brought with her! With the knowledge of not only what magazine, but what ISSUE, it was, my beloved Diana was able to find a copy on ebay. So now I am just waiting on the mail, as I can't even set aside the knitting needles until I get it because I don't know what size to use.

This was the first time I ever did knitting in the round, which is one of the main reasons that this pattern stuck in my mind. Also my first intarsia. And my first Fair Isle. (Um, bite off more than you can chew, much?) But I somehow managed to not only finish it, but to not hate knitting afterward. Pretty amazing, considering my lack of patience back then (yeah, I have SO much of THAT now!!!).

I can't wait to start this again! (In different colors this time.... just to be different, because that's how I am).

No comments: