Saturday, March 10, 2007

Baby's growing up!

Can you believe, when I brought this dog home I smuggled her into the house inside my coat?! My SHORT coat!

Now she just needs a saddle, and I would never need a car again.

Being Lab mix, she is very friendly. As in, "Oh boy somebody new to PLAY with and give me LOVIN'!!!!!" If you are under 5'3" tall, or weigh less than 175 pounds, you probably shouldn't visit, because she will take you DOWN. Not to hurt you, just to lick your face and break your leg wagging her tail.

Every time I see "Over the Hedge" I think of her, when the little Rott puppy comes on. (Nakeyta is also part Rottweiller, but it doesn't show; with her ears, I think she might have some Shepherd or Chihuahua somewhere in the DNA as well). If you have seen the movie, you know what I mean when I yell "Play! Play!" If you haven't seen the movie, go to the library and rent it, it is hilarious. When you see the puppy, picture it all grown up to Pony size, and you have 'Keyta!

One more interesting tidbit, she is Italian by osmosis. As if it weren't weird enough that my cats will eat chip-dip, my dog eats spaghetti. And goulash. If I buy a brand of hard dog food that she doesn't like, all I have to do is pour olive oil over it, or pour some spaghetti sauce on it. And no, it isn't meat-flavored sauce; remember Ruthi is a vegetarian and won't eat anything even flavored with meat. Not even ramen noodles. Great, it is officially easier to feed my fur-kins than to feed my skin-kins...

Typical!

No comments: