Friday, March 02, 2007

Jimmy


From the Chattanoogan:

James Brooks, 48, of Hixson, died Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007.

He was a native of Burlington, Mi. He was known for his hard work and dedication as product manager with Sierra Solutions.Jim loved music, football, photography and a good laugh. He enjoyed traveling extensively throughout the United States with Sierra Solutions, where he had the opportunity to make many friends. He will be greatly missed.

A beloved son, brother, father and uncle, he is survived by his mother, Carol Coffey, of Hixson; a son, Josh Brooks, of Chattanooga; siblings, John Brooks, of Reno, Nev., Sherry Parris, of Hixson, Linda Fuller, of Reno, and Shane Brooks, of Harrison; as well as several nieces and nephews.

Services were held Sunday at the North Chapel of Chattanooga Funeral Home. Entombment will be at Hamilton Memorial Gardens.Please share your thoughts and memories at Mem.com or here in the comments section. Arrangements are by the North Chapel of Chattanooga Funeral Home, Crematory & Florist, 5401 Highway 153, Hixson.

Jimmy was my cousin on my sister's side, the oldest of Aunt Carol's kids. I am so tired of the only family reunions being ones where the "guest of honor" is passed on! Worse yet, I didn't even get to attend this one, because I had no way to get clear down to Tennessee from here! {make crying sad face}. So, to all my family and friends: come up here now and visit me while I can still enjoy your visit! If the trip is too much, at least email me. I miss everyone so much...

OK, now I have to go and cry because I've started thinking of all the people that have gone on before me that I miss. Shirley, Mamaw, Papaw, Grandpa Ted, Danny, Timmy, Grandma Thelma, Grandpa Clyde, Mike, Stan, Leo, Crystal, Uncle Leon... and all the ones that I never got to meet: Grandpa Ben, Grandma Edith, Grandma Weeks...

No comments: