Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The End is Near

Actually, a lot of ends are here or near: the end of the year, the end of my 43rd year on this planet, the end of the school semester, the end of the semi-decent weather, the end of my license plate, the end of my rope.

The weather has ended, the Goddess's Dandruff is everywhere. School was cancelled Friday because of the icy roads, so the talent show and art show are postponed until next Monday. Tonight is the Band's Winter Concert;I need to find a ride because Ruthi shouldn't be walking in this weather in her dress clothes for concert.

The end of my license plate and my 43rd year are simultaneous: December 30th. Since my van doesn't run anymore, I don't have to worry about renewing the plate, and my actual driver license is good for one more year. The end of my rope is extremely near; between the stress of not having my own income, getting no help from local agencies on my gas bill, and trying to find a set of size 9 double-pointed knitting needles, the end is about a quarter-inch away. If I ever did find the dpn, they would probably cost a left leg and four fingers. Because it looks like I would have to make them myself!

Did manage to find a set of dpn that I kept safe in my crochet hook case; pity I will never find my gauger so that I would know what size they are. Did learn an important lesson: don't try new techniques, or rather re-try old techniques, with fancy funky yarn! Haven't knitted with dpn in a coon's age or longer, so what do I do for my first recent attempt, but grab the gorgeous yet bulky yarn that DiTro sent me. If I don't frog it, will make a gorgeous hat, though! If I do frog it, will just try again with the spn; the yarn is that beautiful...

Got the "new" stove at last, now just have to get it hooked up. Too complicated for my taste; it was previously set up for bottled gas, and I have natural gas. (Too many tacos?) Apparently the valves need to be adjusted for the difference. Luckily, while I don't have a clue what to do, I do know who to call for directions, so did that and am just waiting for Buddy John to get over here and do all the shennanigans. Yee ha.

Bought film for the Camera, to take photos of my latest creations. Finally got the blanket for Rick finished, it is really pretty and should look totally awesome on his bed. But he ain't getting it until I get a photo! After all that work and excellent results, I simply must have evidence of it all. And BJ found the crocheted octopus I made for him *many* years ago, so I am getting a photo of it as well. Of course, the way things are going, by the time the film gets developed I will be too arthritic to make anything else, and the photos will be even more cherished....

Well, am home typing this on Eddy (named for the character played by Meatloaf in RHPS; to complement the previous Elvis computer...) and getting ready to get dressed and get to the library and post this before all the kiddies get released from school and hog the Internet Computers. So will end for now, and get going.

No comments: