Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A New Star is Born

There is a weekly free entertainment magazine in our area called Frank Talk. I have been reading it ever since they added Union City to their distribution area, and really enjoy it. Lots of different columnists, all ages and both genders, even some with my "special" sense of humor. And now, there is a new columnist: my daughter!

Ruthi has been reading FrankTalk almost as long as I have, and when they recently added a fifteen-year-old girl to their list of writers, she decided to give it a go herself. She submitted some sample columns, and was beyond excited to get a reply from Jim Frank (the publisher) welcoming her to the staff! Last week was her introductory column, complete with her photo on the front page in Jim's welcoming column. This week's issue is out today, but since I haven't left the house yet I haven't picked up my copy, so I don't know what she wrote about this week. That's right, even though I am her mommy I have to wait until the publication to read her column! (Unless I sneak onto the website, www.franktalkonline.com and read it there when it is uploaded on Mondays.) Which I haven't done this week because I have been hiding from the nasty white stuff all over the ground. Yes, in my next life I want to be a bear, so I can hibernate all nasty winter!

So, stop reading this rambling and go to www.franktalkonline.com and read Ruthi's column, Right of Passage ! That's where I will be!

No comments: