Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Really Rambling Around

So many things to write about today! I had to catch Nakeyta today, she somehow slipped off her chain again… we are pretty sure that she is getting help, because if the chain isn’t broken and her collar is still on, how does she get the chain unhooked from the collar? She’s smart, but not * that * smart! Or at least, not that coordinated! The good part is that all I did was walk outside, call her name, and she came running right to me. Usually she runs right to me and PAST me because she wants to play “catch me!” So this was a nice change. Right now as I write this, she is on a chair pad by the computer (writing at home to post later at the library), being the sweetest, quietest puppy ever seen. She is so cute! Yep, proud mommy here…

Also found a photo of Mom with her coleus this summer. She has Grandma’s green thumb; I have a purple thumb. Her flower garden is gorgeous! Even in the winter she has it pretty; she put fake flowers out! Wish I had been there last week when the ice storm hit, to take photos; she said that the flowers were covered with so much ice that they were three times their original size. Bet that would have been quite a sight! Even though I missed it, I did get this picture in September; this huge coleus is actually planted in a coffee can! Root-bound much???!!! Also got a photo of Sarah the Llama. I really want to make a sign for mom’s house that says “Mama’s Llamas,” it just sounds SO cute!!!

Then, thanks to the beloved digi-cam, I finally got photos of the shirt I made for Alanda, and her cloak. I used the sewing machine for the shirt, but the cloak I made before I borrowed the machine, so it is sewn entirely by hand. And amazingly, not a single bloodstain on it! Stunned that my fingers were still attached by the time I was done…





OK, got the word that I only have five minutes left, so better get this uploaded….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the cloak. I want to make one eventually - need black NON-stretch velvet first.