Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day Late...

Day late and a dollar short.... not a surprise, huh?! Anyway, happy anniversary to Patsy and Frank Simington, 40+ years yesterday. I would say it seems like yesterday, but as I was just a toddler at the time, I honestly don't remember anything other than photographs.

This photo was taken back in 1993 at a Union City basketball game that their son Rick was playing in. The sign refers to the fact that the last time the Chargers won the state finals was in 1961, and this year the team was going for a repeat. Sadly, they didn't make it to the finals that year, but got awfully close and gave it a heck of a shot. I will never forget the sight of Matt (approximately 5'4") literally jumping over a 6' player from the opposing team. Or for that matter, the expression on the other player's face! Somebody somewhere must have it on video, I would like to see THAT posted on YouTube! Don't look at me, though, I didn't even have the still camera with me that particular night...

Rick did go on to set a school record for points scored or rebounds or something like that. Don't ask me, it's a sports thing.... the only sport I do is Quiz Bowl! I did make him a maroon and gray quilt with a Charger horse, and his sports info embroidered in the corners, for his graduation. I do have a photo somewhere, need to find it for my famous Scrapbook (the one that currently exists only in my mind.... and that's a scary place to be lost!)

No comments: