Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Finally, a good day...

Wow, my own blog and spot to vent to the world about all my UPS and DOWNS. Today I want to concentrate on the ups for a change...

I finally got back into hooking (with a crochet hook!) and joined up for the round-robin from an online group I joined recently; got the package out to the moderator today, only two days late... made and experimented with my little grannysquare ornaments, had way too much fun playing with new ideas for them! LOL

Am finally back into reading again, currently catching up on all the Dean Koontz that I have missed while working at The Hellhole. Also getting into the conspiracy craze, haven't read the Da Vinci Code yet but did get to read Angels & Demons, the "prequel". Definitely a page-turner! While I want to see the Da Vinci movie, I also don't want to see it, because so often the movie ruins the book... and I haven't even read the book yet! At least this time, I won't have to put up with the same commentary I listen to during Harry Potter movies....NEVER see the HP movies with a teenager who has just finished reading the book for the eighth time! Unless, of course, you *enjoy* listening to "that's not how it was in the book" every three seconds or so....

Want to thank my beloved Dusty, for helping me get over my creating blockage and back into making things. I promise to get my stashes organized so I can do more.... especially now that I can actually keep my own stash and only have to fight my oldest daughter and my Dear Hubby for the contents. Which brings me to my next Happy Thought:
THEY'RE GONE THEY'RE GONE THEY'RE FINALLY REALLY GONE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Insert Snoopy Happy Dance here)
My hubby's nephew stopped by in April with his girlfriend, needing a place to stay for "a few days"... the only reason I agreed was because they promised she was getting a check on May 4th and they were getting an apartment then. Well, we all know how that turned out: they didn't get the apartment, so she agreed to pay a small rent to us to help cover the added utilities from her twice-daily showers, his showers, their lights and radio on all night long, etc etc etc..... Yeah, we had to practically break legs to get them to buy toilet paper after we went through a 12-pack in less than a WEEK. Any other time it would have lasted almost a month... but I promised to stay positive in this post..... so , finally, the good news. Her caseworker got off his *** and got her an apartment, NOT here in my town, and promised to have them out Friday. Since my landlord was supposed to be here Monday, I couldn't have been happier.... of course, no one showed up on Friday and she couldn't bother anyone else to drive her there (my van is comatose, believe me I would've had them moved real fast otherwise), so they ended up staying the weekend. Monday her caseworker showed up (while they were gone, surprise) to move her, luckily as he was leaving my nephew came back and ran and caught him. While the nephew was decent enough to say goodbye, she didn't say anything --- not even thank you for not making us sleep in the park..... so, if anyone wants to stop by the house, bring music and pop and we will party some more! (I threatened to get a cake from the store and have the baker write "Goodbye assholes and good riddance"...)

We've already had two parties this month! One on Friday, a "Freedom!" party, celebrating the end of the school year (and my neighbor's impending divorce from her jerk). Then one on Monday, celebrating Ruthi's 15th birthday (which also marked the 14th year living in this house). Wow, time flies......

Speaking of time flying, the librarian is going to throw me off the computer in a couple of minutes, so I guess I better get this posted!

No comments: