Friday, June 16, 2006

Nothing to say Today

Geez, is this allowed? I have nothing to write about today. Nothing that would not be either bitchy or boring, and I don't feel emotionally up to any more negative energy today. But in the spirit of maintaining the writing ability that made me start this blog in the first place, I will carry on and type about not having anything to write about. See why I named it "Ramblings"!

Must write. Must write. Must write something worth reading. OK, now THAT may be asking a bit more than the Muses will grant!

Hmmm, a little rambling on the techie survival saga: I finally managed to actually comprehend the directions for adding links to the sidebar! Yay me! I know that isn't much to the real techies, but considering how recently I was a total technophobe (there is actually a "correct" word for the fear of computers, but I can't for the life of me recall what it is, and personally I think that technophobe is far more accurate anyway)... where was I????? Oh yeah, considering how recently I learned that computers will *NOT* explode if I am in the same room, this is quite an accomplishment for me. Usually if I need something really technical done, or hardware or programming or all the techie stuff, I haul over to my guru Paul. He can do ANYTHING with a computer, except maybe bake a pizza. And I bet if I challenged him, he could do that too.... After all, he got me over my terror of 'puters! I still am technophobic about installing hardware, messing around with the guts of the animal, but there is good reason for that; the only time I actually attempted to do internal surgery, I fried my cousin's floppy drive. Luckily she loves me anyway, and we were able to pick up a replacement online absolutely dirt cheap. Then got someone else to do the installation!!!

Everyone has their talents/skills/strengths, and mine is just not hardware. So I truely appreciate those who CAN do that stuff! There should be a National Techie Day, where everyone buys their favorite techie a pizza and bag of marshmallows, and a pack of smokes for those who still indulge in lung cancer. And caffeine of choice, of course. Next challenge for Paul: a computer that brews coffee.... although I don't care for coffee myself, and would much prefer a computer that brews Pepsi!!!

Wow, I seem to have done pretty good for not having anything to write about! I have tried to compose my blogs at home, then transfer them online here at the library; but for some unknown reason it just doesn't work. I can't write anything until I get here and get online and to the blogsite.... weird, but then so much in the world is even weirder....

No comments: