Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rachel


Well, the funeral started about an hour and a half ago. I imagine it is done by now and everyone is on their way back here to UC to the cemetery. So why am I sitting here at the library blogging, you ask? Because I don't attend funerals unless I know the person or the family, and know that I will not be shunned for attending. Since I have not been part of Rachel's life or that of her immediate family, since my late teens in general and my early twenties in particular, and since I have been essentially not welcome at any family gatherings, and have no way to get to the funeral with no car (Factoryville is a LONG way away when you are a pedestrian!) other than to ride with the family, well, here I sit wondering where exactly in Riverside Cemetery the burial will be. I need to know, if only to know where NOT to go, so I don't offend anyone by my eventual presence at the grave.
What a frugged-up family.
More on "family" another blog....

No comments: